Omnium Rerum (all-encompassing)
St Placid Mission strives to be an all-encompassing community, no matter what race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, age, etc.
The Sacraments are offered to all without restrictions so each child of the Divine can grow, “Until we all meet into the unity of faith, and of the knowledge of the Son of God, unto a perfect man, unto the measure of the age of the fulness of Christ.” Eph 4.13
We are dedicated to teaching, learning, giving service, as inspired by the Holy Celtic Church, the Catholic tradition, the social teaching of the Church, and the principles of wisdom in the Rule of St. Benedict.
The Benedictine Mission is
- Love of Christ and neighbor;
- Prayer: a life marked by liturgy, lectio (Divine Reading), and mindfulness;
- Stability: commitment to the daily life of this place, its heritage and tradition;
- Conversatio Morum: the way of formation and transformation;
- Obedience: a commitment to listening and consequent action;
- Discipline: a way of learning and freedom;
- Humility: knowledge of self in relation to God, others, and creation;
- Stewardship: responsible use of creation, culture and the arts;
- Hospitality: openness to the other; and
- Community: call to serve the common good.
- To enable you to reach a higher self through the Sacraments and education.
- Groping for spiritual light
- To guide you to a knowledge of spiritual truths through teaching and worship of God.
- To give you a foundation to support your faith.