Adapted from The Holy Celtic Church International, St. Placid Mission broadly accepts the following principles, but we do not subscribe to simplistic literalist interpretations and recognize that individual interpretations may and do vary:
- The Old and New Testaments as our scriptures.
- The Nicene Creed as the sufficient statement of Christian faith.
- The first seven councils of the undivided church as the standard of doctrine.
- The seven sacraments of Baptism, Eucharist, Confirmation, Marriage, Anointing of the Sick, Reconciliation, and Ordination.
- The historic threefold ministry of Bishops, Priests, and Deacons in the apostolic succession.
- The Ten Commandments and the Summary of the Law as the standard of Christian morality.
Our teachings, policies, and ethics are designed to bring man into an understanding, to practice what was taught, and to benefit from the beauty and spiritual power of the Sacramental Worship.